Summer is flying by! I was in a meeting the other day for work and my supervisor expressed that we were a third through summer break for the college students! Yikes! I am excited that I have made a dent in my Reading Challenge for 52 books this year – I’m at 28 and hoping to shatter that goal by the time December 31st comes around. Hope you all are having a great summer 🙂
- The Revenant: Michael Punke – reviewed
- The Nest: Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney – reviewed
- My Life On the Road: Gloria Steinem – luncheon review
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: J.K. Rowling – audio book
- Smoke: Dan Vyleta
- This is Where I Leave You: Jonathan Tropper
- A Better Man: Leah McLaren – book club review
- Leadership Can be Taught: Sharon Daloz Parks
- How to Read Literature Like A Professor: Thomas C. Foster
Most Favorited/Liked Post:
- Me Before You hit theaters…… even reading the book already didn’t prepare me for how much I cried. Very well done.
- Crossfit has reentered my life, and I am hooked as ever. I love the variety of exercises each class and how fast-paced it is. The only competition I feel is with myself to improve every single week!
- So I don’t know if you have ever seen or heard the Pure Michigan commercials but they are very well done and definitely make me want to jump in the car and head there instantly when the commercial ends. Something about the music and Tim Allen’s voice haha. So this year, I have planned to visit one of the Great Lakes and the beaches up there. Of course I’ll be hauling a few beachy reads 😉
- A colleague of mine posted about Emma Watson’s #oursharedself book club and I have become obsessed. My friend and I will be following the selections and discussing over lunch!
Goals for July
- This month reading wise will focus on non-ARCs (My library holds have been out of control!) I’ll tackle the BEA book hauls later this summer 🙂
- The Color Purple: Alice Walker – #oursharedshelf book club pick
- It Was Me All Along: Andie Mitchell – Young Professionals book club pick!
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: J.K. Rowling – continuing the trend to finish the series by the end of the year, one month at a time
- The Lonely City: Adventures in the Art of Being Alone by Olivia Laing
- Lonely: Learning to Live with Solitude: Emily White
- Dragonfly in Amber: Diana Gabaldon – I am waaay behind in this series!
- Attend a play/musical – something about dressing up and going out for a night on the town!
- Continue planning to create business cards for the blog and enhancing the site with more advanced settings
- I have not touched my Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge so the hope is to read at least one book from the list a month for the rest of the year!
How was your month of June?