This weekly meme is brought to you by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and, if you want to, add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s posts (typically put up midnight EST on Tuesday) so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
Ten Facts About Me (bookish or just general about you facts or ten facts about you as a blogger…whatever you want)
Ten Facts About Me
- Reading means a lot to me – Let’s just get that out of the way haha. If folks couldn’t tell that by the creation and maintenance of this blog and the piles of books around my apartment, then I do not know how else to show it!
- I do my best to keep an active lifestyle – I fidget and am restless quite often. So I run, bike, play volleyball, jump in a trampoline park, you name it! That’s why I think living in a town that I can walk/bike everywhere is a strong dream of mine.
- I constantly get mistaken for being younger than I actually am – After hearing, “you will age well” or “oh, wow, I thought you were in college” it starts to get frustrating. Some may say it is a compliment, but I constantly feel that I need to change my wardrobe and appearance to look older and mature because that’s where I see respect coming to those that look their age.
- I love to learn – I’ll be honest, I miss being in the classroom dearly. The discussions on different topics, bringing in personal stories, and hearing other perspectives is something you don’t see too often outside class. Fortunately, I signed up for an undergraduate English Literature class for the fall and I cannot wait!
- My niece and nephew are two of my favorite people – no lie. Even though they are barely in kindergarten, they make me smile, laugh, want to be a better person and aunt!
- I carry a book with me everywhere – Yep, Rory Gilmore has taught me well! You never know when you’ll have downtime or create a conversation starter.
- I treat myself to fresh flowers once a month – Something about fresh cut flowers that brighten up a room and make me feel good when I see or smell them.
- You’ve Got Mail is probably one of my favorite movies – How can it not be? I’d also add The Proposal in there too! Being in the book business sounds exhilarating and empowering!
- 8 is my favorite number – Random fact, I know. I graduated in 2008; my assigned number for sports growing up was 8; it is a perfect cube; the college I attended was founded in 1908; and it is symmetircal – the perfect number!
- I have 3 tattoos – Although none are literary or book-related…hmm, maybe it is time to change that!
What are Ten Facts About You?