This month I struggled hardcore with my reading goals, but I found it more important to give myself the mental and physical rest my body needs and deserves rather than force myself to read and risk resenting the pages I consume. It was pretty hot out here in the MidWest, so I cooled off in several cafes and shops, including ice cream and water ice places! It is summer of course 😉
- Lonely, Learning to Live With Solitude: Emily White – reviewed
- Confess: Colleen Hoover
- The Color Purple: Alice Walker – luncheon review
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: J.K. Rowling – half way through audio book!
- It Was Me All Along: Andie Mitchell – book club review
- Girls: Emma Cline
Most Favorited/Liked Post:
- Summer Reading Challenge
- I failed pretty bad with this one. I challenged myself to read 2 books a week. The first week, I started out strong but life and long book picks knocked me down, and I gave in to finishing on my own casual reading time terms haha
- Went to North Carolina to watch my best friend get married and then went home to the East Coast to visit family
- Registered for my English and Film course. I’m totally geeking out and surveying all the back to school sales for fun school supplies!
Goals for August
- After writing my book “whore”-der post, I’m focusing this month on ARCs (aka ARC August!), book club picks, and owned books!
- No Problem, Mr. Walt by Walt Hackman
- Maggie Elizabeth Harrington by D.J. Swykert
- The Jungle Within by Charles M.
- I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan
- All About Love by Bell Hooks
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara (still chugging away – ended up buying my own copy!)
- Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
- I STILL haven’t touched my Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge so the hope is to read at least one book from the list a month for the rest of the year – especially with the new Netlfix season coming soon!
- Continue planning to create business cards for the blog and enhancing the site with more advanced settings
- Take a vacation!! I’m so close to getting to the beach and a cute bed and breakfast!
How was your month of July?