This weekly meme is brought to you by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and, if you want to, add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s posts (typically put up midnight EST on Tuesday) so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
Top Ten Tuesday REWIND — go back and do a topic you missed over the years or recently or a topic you really want to revisit: My Bookish Pet Peeves
- Edits/Writing made in library books – post-its anyone? A notebook? Anything BUT the pages that will be read by other patrons.
- Grammatical errors – and not even from ARCs, but copies/editions that have been around quite awhile. You can thank my excruciating attention to detail for this pet peeve.
- Extra blank pages – something so minute! Something about having to flip 20 pages to get to the actual start of the book!
- Long chapters – my goal orientation either sets reading goals by getting to pages _50 or 100/200/etc. OR by reaching the end of the chapter. It is hard to find a natural break in the middle of a chapter haha
- Predictable plot lines – I love being surprised and have an ‘Oh Snap’ moment when I read a book.
- Same author/same story – countless times I pick up a book by an author I like, and it;s the same story told in a different costume. I love feeling that I know the author’s style but I feel there is a difference between that and a retelling of the same story.
- Not being able to take off the cover of a library hardback – I know the plastic covering is there to protect the book and the cover. However, all hardbacks I have, I immediately take the cover off so I don’t ruin it. Somehow, I feel that I should be able to do that with library books!
- Weird stains/residue on the pages – pretty self-explanatory!
- Books I never get back – my own fault, now I have my own Property of ______ stamper haha.
- Small/Illegible font – my eyes! haha
What are your Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves?