I’m all about reading challenges to keep me motivated and achieve my reading goals for the year! Here is one I stumbled upon and will get started with ASAP!
This challenge also means that by December 31, 2017 your bowls must be full of one book for each letter of the Alphabet.
Each Letter Counts As 1 Spoonful
- This challenge will run from January 1st, 2017 until December 31st, 2017.
- You can join anytime. You do not have to review the book. Books can come from any genre. You do not need to link up each spoonful.
- Crossovers to other challenges are allowed and encouraged!
- The challenge is to read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet. However, you can drop the A’s and The’s from the book titles as shown below.
- The First Main Word Needs To Be The Letter You Are Counting – Except For those pesky Q, X AND Z titles: the word that starts with the challenge letter can be anywhere in the title.
- Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit. (Most likely what I will do!), OR…..
- Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A – The Art of Murder by Elaine Viets.
Books can be read in any order and all formats – print – e-book – audio – are acceptable for this challenge! Non-bloggers you can join too! Just add a Goodreads shelf to indicate the challenge! Follow Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book as there may be special announcements made about the challenge.
There is also a very active group on Facebook where you can share your books read and converse with others taking part in the challenge – Alphabet Soup Challenge – Right now they are finishing this year’s challenge but it will switch over to the new year on January 1. Then when you complete the challenge FILL OUT THIS FORM!!
Let’s do this! Let me know if you are joining 🙂